Thift

Thursday 3 May 2012

My Design Work

I thought I would put some of my Design work on my Blog I keep forgetting to mention it so today's the day. In March I finished an MA in Surface Pattern Design at UCLAN which I undertook straight after completing a BA in Textiles Innovations. Initially I was hoping to become a Surface pattern designer but as time progressed I have realised I would prefer to go into the world of styling and interiors.
Even after all this time in education I still have know real idea of what I want to do when I grow up (sadly I am already grown up), I love the creative side of textiles but I also enjoy working with others that's why I don't want to go freelance, trend prediction, styling and coming up with design concept boards. I am hoping this year I will find a job which covers some of these bases. If not I will take any job to gain experience and then keep applying. I'm currently working as a nanny which allows me to do lots of creative bits and bobs during the day and then get some paid work in
 the evenings
These photographs show work from my final third year collection entitled 'Absense and Evidence' based on a series of photographs I had taken whilst on a trip to Morocco.
Moroccan Market Photograph and colour way

Moroccan Shop and colour way


Third year degree show



Collagraph and laser cut sample

Orchid Collage


The collection shows the presence of human life without there being any people present within the imagery. The colours all come directly from my own photography. I also embellished many of my prints with laser cut vinyl to add another layer of depth to my work. Hopefully you can see the strong narrative voice within my work, a depth of colour which is different yet trend aware and designs suitable to embellish any home.

No comments:

Post a Comment