Thift

Thursday 10 May 2012

North West's Best Sugar Junction Manchester

Sorry I haven't Blogged for awhile I have been rather busy firstly visiting my boyfriend for the bank holiday weekend in the Lake district but also making things for a forthcoming craft fair I've got a stall at.
But while in Manchester last Friday picking up crafty supplies me and mum decided to go for afternoon tea, admittedly this was already partially planned and luckily a friend had mentioned how lovely Sugar Junction was in the northern quarter in Manchester's Town centre. The atmosphere and decor were gorgeous, I loved the Vintage feel without the room appearing to dark and cluttered and the cakes all well displayed on the counter definitely got me in the mood for cake. We had a good look through the menu and were thoroughly spoilt for choice, in that situation afternoon tea always seems like the appropriate thing to have to get to sample of of the lovely delights.

 Firstly a lovely jam jar of flowers arrived on the table I couldn't resist taking a photograph, I really need to start putting more flowers round the house, and they looked great done this way. The mis matched chine and floral tablecloth got my taste buds even more excited for the feast which was to come.


Gorgeous Cheese tarlet
The Full afternoon tea in all its glory!!
The finger sandwiches were really gorgeous lovely bread and filling, the mini cheese tartlet was divine I could of eaten more of those. The only disappointment was the scone which was un sweetened and very heavy, more like a bread roll than a scone but that aside very thing was gorgeous and I definitely want to go again with the girls in the summer. Overall I would give it a 7/10 and well worth a visit. 



My favourite part the gorgeous lemon drizzle cupcake, both the sponge and icing were to die for.

No comments:

Post a Comment