Thift

Wednesday 16 May 2012

A Thrifting trip and Adventures at Grandmas

I had the best weekend, me and Calum went to stay with my Grandmother who lives in Anglesey, its always so much fun because she is the best cook ever and always has freshly made scones, lemon meringue pie and coconut tart made for our arrival. Not the best if your on the be thin for July 12 diet (Holiday), but you have to live a little. Anglesey is great for all types of thrifting, charity shops, attic sales and car boot sales. Calum was dragged round all of them. He doesn't mind to start with but when we get up at 8.30 sat and Sunday morning to go roting around in gale force winds I think he thinks I'm barmy, but then again he did say he was glad I had a hobby. Can we call Car bootying a hobby. Maybe I should add it to my CV, avid car bootyer. We had a glorious lunch on Saturday but unfortunately no pictures to show as my phone battery died, but chips and a pint was just what I fancied. Quite a few of these pics are already on instagram but I thought I needed to put them on here in all there glory. Some of these items are for sale, some are to be used for my craft sales, and some are for my future home.

Gorgeous view while stuffing my face with chips and cider. The ship in Anglesey.

This cushions live in my Grandmothers guest room I love them original 1970s patchwork cushions and a Sylvac green rabbit.

This is me and my 78 yr Grandma doing the splits, she is amazing, she swims 3 times a week, walks every day, Tap dances and cheer leads.
These pics show a selection of some of the goodies I bought over the weekend. There is much much more which I hopefully will get round to photographing, including a lloyd loom bedside cabinet for £3, a lovely linen embroidered cushion cover, a crinoline lady embroidery. I will take pics of them all and show you the extend of my bargains.
Vintage sheets I'm going to use to make bunting and aprons from.



I fell in love with this straigh away double duvet cover £1!!!

Arcopal Pyrex soup or snack bowls, such a beautiful floral motif.

I love this knitted teddy, she has the cutest face.



Gorgeous glass lampshade, not sure where I'm going to put it, but loved the floral motif.

Pyrex gravy boat what more could you want.
This Bambi really was a bargain its really big and a planter or trinket box and it set me back a staggering 50p, I love it oh so much.

I will soon attach some pics of all the things I have made out of the beautiful vintage sheet collection ive now got. will keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pics Phoebe and lovely to see your Gran looking so well - and yes, I'd have to agree she makes fabulous cakes :) Glad you had a great time xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy, Thank you so much for the Vintage magazine you send me its fantastic and based in congleton so I might send them a line. Had such a wonderful time at Grandmas and she really does spoil us on the cake front, Hope youve had a good weekend xxx

      Delete